Tips: Not all ADR support converting to HK stock, please contact customer service to confirm first.
The American depositary receipt (ADR) is a certificate of ownership of the American depositary share (ADS). ADS is priced in US dollars and representing a specified number of shares of a foreign company's stock. The holder of a ADR has the right to convert the ADR to shares of the underlying asset stock.
1) Client needs to submit an email application according to the template;
2) FUTU will send a confirmation email to the client;
3) FUTU will deduct the ADRs and fees in the transfer-out account of the client, and process the conversion;
4) FUTU will add the HK stocks to the transfer-in account.
Fee schedules for the conversion:
650 USD handling fee per time + 17 USD cablewire fee per time + 5 USD conversion fee per lot/time (1 lot = 100 ADS, less than 1 lot will be rounded to 1 lot) .
Please mind: For your conversion to be successfully processed, please make sure your US stock account have sufficient available funds to pay the fees.
Preparation for ADR conversion with HK share:
1) Client needs to have sufficient available funds to pay the fee for ADR conversion. Fee schedules for the conversion: 650 USD handling fee per time + 17 USD cablewire fee per time + 5 USD conversion fee per lot/time (1 lot = 100 ADS, less than 1 lot will be rounded to 1 lot) .
2) Open the HK stock account in FUTU SG. After conversion is successfully processed, the HK stock will be transferred into the HK stock account in FUTU SG.
Client needs to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform FUTU the ADR needs to convert. Email should include (「Please note」 part needs to be included too):
1) Client information
Name of the client:
2) Information of the conversion request
Convert from/to: ADR conversion with HK share (currently only support converting the ADR to HK stock);
Transfer-out account ID:
Transfer-in account ID:
Number of shares need to be converted:
Please note: I already understand the fee schedules for the conversion is 650 USD handling fee per time + 17 USD cablewire fee per time + 5 USD conversion fee per lot/time (1 lot = 100 ADS, less than 1 lot will be rounded to 1 lot) .
After FUTU receives the client’s email application, FUTU will apply for the conversion with clearing broker as soon as possible and FUTU will send the results to the client via email.
After the client successfully apply for the conversion, generally the conversion will be completed within 10 business days. However, due to the clearing broker processing efficiency, if the HK stock is still not converted more than 10 business days.